There is no entry fee to the Awards, but STEP asks for donations to be made to the World Literacy Foundation. Your support will have a direct impact on the lives of vulnerable children who are at the highest risk of a lifetime of illiteracy. Thank you!
You made 2021 one to remember!
You helped raise over £67,000 in 2021.
Last year, your generosity supported Sun Books to continue delivering front line literacy support during the most uncertain times.
As schools reopen after the pandemic across Africa, we face new challenges and with your support we will continue to focus on reaching the most in need young learners. Literacy resources and teacher training are at the heart of our delivery.
- Supported the Sun Books team to adapt to restrictions and reach children in Covid safe learning bubbles.
- Developed new Grandparent literacy groups so that they are equipped with the skills to support their grandchildren’s literacy at home.
- 7 new schools started their pilot phase of Sun Books in Kenya and Nigeria.
- 34 new literacy activities were developed by local teachers
- 20 new books were written by local teachers for young learners
- During the pandemic we were able to send 34 solar-powered tablets to schools in remote communities where learning resources and technology didn’t exist.
- 32 teacher training sessions were delivered during the pandemic online.
Every donation continues to help achieve 4 key aims
- To reduce illiteracy rates in remote classrooms
- Encourage a love of reading and writing in early childhood
- Equip children with limited/no internet or electricity with digital learning tools.
- Providing teachers with digital resources and training to improve educational strategies
Susy Kadam Grade 1 – 3 Teacher in Magadi Primary School, Kenya:
“Sun Books tablets are changing literacy learning culture of interactive adaptation between technology and educational practices, including pedagogy and learning outcomes have been promising. Our school was not slow to embrace it.”
Mrs. Tosin Olajubu, Primary Teacher of Ireti Girls Primary School, in Nigeria said that: “With the skills that I have acquired through the Sun Books training, I have been able to help my students who were finding it difficult identifying the English alphabet and help them to improve their literacy skills.”
STEP Private Client Awards
100% of your will go directly to fund our projects.
Other Ways to Donate
Donations can be via cheque to United Kingdom & Europe World Literacy Foundation, Suite 225, 46 Eversholt Road, London, NW1 1DA.
Online bank transfers
Account name: United Kingdom & Europe World Literacy Foundation
Account number: 83272648
Sort code: 203698 | Swift code: BUKBGB22 | IBAN: GB62 BUKB 2036 9883 2726 48