Creativity is the Spice of Life
Being creative is not a hobby. It’s a way of life.
You can find it everywhere, but what exactly defines creativity?
Creativity is the process of bringing something new into being. In other words, it involves transforming your ideas, imagination, and dreams into reality. During this process, hidden patterns become clearer, connections are made, and new ideas are brought to fruition.
If spice is used to enhance food, the same can be said for creativity – it’s the spice of life!
Creativity is vital in our lives
According to a survey by Adobe , people who label themselves as creative earn 13% more than those who don’t. Similarly, in a survey by 1500 CEOS, IBM found that creativity is the number one leadership skill for business success because creativity generates innovative ideas. So, why not spice up your life with creativity?
Five behaviors that can optimize your brain for creativity
- Associating: drawing connections between questions, problems, or ideas from unrelated fields.
- Questioning: posing queries that challenge common wisdom.
- Observing: scrutinizing the behavior of customers, suppliers, and competitors to identify new ways of doing things.
- Networking: meeting people with different ideas and perspectives.
- Experimenting: constructing interactive experiences and provoking unorthodox responses to see what insights emerge.
Reading Enhances Creativity
Our mind, just like our body, needs daily stimulation. Reading is, without a doubt, one of the best ways to boost the mind and creativity. Reading can open the mind to new concepts and possibilities, thereby enhancing creativity. It also helps us embrace diversity by allowing us to experience the world through the eyes of others.
The World Literacy Foundation’s Projects encourage reading because of these vital benefits. It understands the important link between reading and creativity to improve lives.
“You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” – Maya Angelou
Can You Become More Creative?
Absolutely! Creativity isn’t a magical gift bestowed on just a few lucky individuals. It’s a skill you can hone and develop.
Make reading a priority so creativity can be the spice of your life!