BECOME A WLF AMBASSADOR
Join a Global Change Community
Be a voice in your community
Ambassadors will speak at their school, university, media or community group to raise awareness and advocate for literacy.
Support the education of vulnerable children
Ambassadors will raise funds to support one of the literacy programs of the World Literacy Foundation.
Develop your leadership and advocacy skills
Ambassadors will receive training to learn how to get others involved in their cause and make a greater impact to help eradicate illiteracy..
Pre-Registration for the Youth Ambassador Program 2023 is open now.
Let’s eradicate illiteracy together
Applications for the 2024 Youth Ambassador Program will open on April 01, 2024.
Think Global, Act Local!
Think Global, Act Local!
Read about other Ambassadors’ experiences in our blog
- Having participated in the Ambassador program has truly made a positive and decisive impact in my careerI am Jules Armel KIMA and I am from Burkina Faso. I am a Young Peace builder and a Global Goalkeeper.
- I am enjoying writing this text as much as eating my favorite dessert because education the boarding pass to achieve our goals.
- “I knew I needed to be a part of the fight to …
- I wanted to break out of my shell and do something …
- I am here to tell you a bit more about my journey as a literacy advocate and, hopefully, inspire you to be even more amazing!
- I was once a slow reader and a lot of shapes and lines written on my head until I've learned how to read.
- In 2018, upon the release of the statistics that showed that the youth illiteracy for Nigeria was 9.36 million.
- Argentina is considered a country with a low percentage of illiteracy, but we are working towards a future with 0% illiterate people.
- Digital illiteracy affects employability, innovation, development and it elevates the gender- equality gapAs important as it is that people learn to read and write, equally important is that they are also digital literate...
- I was able to utilize the skills provided by the WLF program and share my expertise at many conferences and speaking events...
- Russia-Ukraine wars and climate change, illiteracy is one of the most significant issues being pushed to the background.
Program at a glance…
Why become a WLF Ambassador?
Who can apply?
We are looking for young people who meet the following criteria:
How to apply?
- The process of applying for the WLF Foundation Ambassador Program starts on this website.
- You can begin the process by selecting “Apply Now.”
- Applications will open on April 1st.
- On the ‘Apply Now’ page, you will find step-by-step instructions for applying under the ‘Application Process,’ as well as guidelines for completing application forms.
The registration fee of $25 is non-refundable.
Note: Your $25 registration fee will directly contribute to one of our impactful programs. Thank you for supporting our mission through your participation!
The Youth Ambassador program is a yearly program.
Please read our Terms and Conditions carefully before you apply.